Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Little creepy crawly things!!!

Today I experienced a lot of drama. It came in the size of a pen head and was found on my daughter. I was getting her out of her highchair after lunch and giving her a look over to clean off stray food left behind and I see a small spec on her neck under her chin. I try to wipe it away and it doesn't move. So I lean her back to give it a closer inspection and guess to my wondering eyes did appear!!!!! No, not tiny reindeer , I found a tiny creepy crawly TICK!!!!!!! After calling for Jon and more inspection I went next door to borrow some tweezers and some alcohol. I had already looked online and it said to take it out with tweezers and do not stick something hot on it and do not put oil on it. My neighbors insisted that oil was the thinkg to do. They said that their doctor's do that, my confidence in the medical field here has dropped somewhat. Well, they did not have any tweezers so I had to try their method, which did not work by the way. Then finally another neighbor found some tweezers and the little creature was pulled out, much to Jordan's disliking. What a morning!!!!! I found out from my neighbors that this area is tick infested and that we should buy some tick repellent. So now I must thoroughly inspect my children after playing outside, even in hair and will most likely have many more dealings with these little creepy crawly things. Needless to say I will be on edge looking for any sign that Jordan is not feeling well for the next couple of weeks. Pray that she stays healthy!!

No comments: