Tuesday, April 8, 2008

One of those days


Well, yesterday was just one of those days where everything seems to go wrong. I called my mom in the afternoon to update her on my ear pain, which is still here, and she informs me that a good friend of ours, a fellow missionary, Dan Miller has shot his foot with a riffle. The thought of a friend suffering in a remote clinic without pain relievers was very sad. I prayed for him and his family. While I was on the phone with my mother Jordan spilled coke on my laptop and it seemed to be fried!!! I was almost panicked about this one because my laptop is my lifeline to the outside world. I am a stay at home mom in a foreign country I need my lifeline. Jon was gone to teach and I still had to cook so I tried to wipe it off and put a fan on it to dry it out. While dinner was cooking I went to change out the laundry and found that Hayden had left a thing of Indian face paint in his paints pocket that I had overlooked. It got dried and the clothes were a complete mess. Well, my computer works, praise the Lord, but it is not void of all harm. The mouse pad no longer works. I had an external mouse already and it works so I am okay. :) I had to stop and think about things and the thought that came to mind was "at least I do not have a hole in my foot"! It does help to look at what is good and blessed instead of what is not good and discouraging. This picture is from our car ride home from Ljubljana Friday. We seem to have a good time in the car. I guess we did so much of it on deputation that it has become comfortable. :)

1 comment:

Empty Nester said...

yes it is a good idea to look at the good and not the bad...otherwise we might go crazy!