Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ear pain and olive oil!

Well, I still have the ear pain so yesterday I decided I would try a home remedy. I heated up some olive oil, laid down and had Jon put a few drops in my right ear. It was not very pleasant. I do not like things in my ear. I laid there for about 30 minutes, it didnt seem to help and when I got up it ran out of my ear. Later on yesterday I was still hurting so I decided to take on of the antibiotics that I have on hand. I hope that it helps because the pain and the dizziness are really disrupting my life. I really do not want to go to the doctor. I guess it is a combination of the language barrier and the unfamiliarity that I feel with their customs, combined with the fact that we have to pay out of pocket and the devalued dollar to euro is really hurting out pocket.

It is a really beautiful day here in Slovenia today. Very sunny and the wind is blowing. It will get into the upper 60's today. Jordan is enjoying looking out the big glass doors in our living room at the falling flowers. Our trees have these pretty white blooms on them and they are falling to the ground in the wind. Our boys have been outside all day. They have not even come in for lunch.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll pray for your ears...there is nothing worse than being miserable AND dizzy. Remember Angel? She used to do that thing w the oil in her ears too. Hopefully by morning things will be clearing up! Lots of Love, Kathryn