Sunday, April 20, 2008

Slovene Friends

We had a really good day yesterday. We had a Slovene family over for lunch. They are believers and go to a house church here in town, that we go to on Sunday nights. I enjoyed the day with them and learned so many new Slovene words just being around them. Their children who are 7 and 3 do not speak English. So they were speaking to their children in Slovene and I would ask what a word meant and I learned alot from that. Yolanda and I were both pleased that our children could play in spite of the language barriers. Children do not need language to connect. This family was so sweet, they brought a bike that was their daughters so our children would have something to ride. So they now share a bike and they are so happy to have one. It is on the small side but it is surprising what kids will like when they do not have anything.

1 comment:

Inside-Out-Evangelism said...

Whats up? I like your blog. I'm praying for you.