Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Back to Elementary


Well, I have officially learned how to count, in Slovene that is. It really feels like I am back in grade school learning the basics. The good in all of it is that I can relate to my children who are in grade school learning the basics. It is difficult to learn something new, a totally new concept. I get frustrated sometimes while I am teaching, not understanding why they are not getting a concept that is clearly presented. I find myself today sympathizing with them. I am going through a cd and workbook at home while I am in the process of finding a sitter. I do believe that I will continue working in this book even while attending language school. I do not think that I can learn to much. Slovene is a difficult language. Just a little taste I will write the number 29 (devetindveanyst) literally nine and twenty. They put the last number before the group of tens. I am going to get confused with this one I just know it. I found myself so proud to be able to count, no matter how clumsy I sounded.

No comments: