Monday, March 31, 2008

Daily Devotion

Although we do not have a church to go to here I am becoming closer to God than I have been in some time. I pondered about this a lot yesterday. I think that for me church and "ministry" have been a crutch of sorts to me. I went to church listened to preaching and responded to the messages but something inside of me was slowly dying. It was my relationship with God. I know that you can not loose your salvation but you can have a bad relationship. Just like if my husband and I did not talk or relate to one another on a deep and intimate level. I needed to have a deep devotion to my Heavenly father. Well, being here and the fact that we do not have a church has made me search deeper for God in my daily life and activities. I am enjoying them so much and my spirit is awakening inside me. It is hard to admit that a missionaries wife, who has come to a foreign country to tell others about Christ has not felt the spirit moving in her for some time. Dont get me wrong I have always loved God and said my prayers and tried to read the Bible. I think that it is my motives behind it that is the difference. I am truly seeking God's presence. I need His presence. I can not get a false sense of security from fellowshipping after church with other believers. I have to rely on God to fill my cup spiritually. I am so grateful that God has brought me to this place to not only preach His Gospel but to renew our relationship.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your transparency is beautiful...may God show Himself real to you unlike you have never seen before. He has thrilled me in the very same way this past year. My life will never be the same again. Love to you!