Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cherries!!!






Cherries, cherries everywhere, so many cherries so many to spare!!!! We have several cherry trees in our yard, yummy. We have two sour cherry trees and three sweet ones. The sour cherries are what we use in pies and things like that. This past Sat. it was going to rain again and knock all of the ripe cherries off the tree so Jon got a ladder and picked some cherries. I had to find out what to do with them so, I went on the internet to find a recipe for homemade cherry pie and cherry pie filling. I found what I was looking for and went off to create my newest creation in the kitchen. I pitted the cherries, then cooked them, added sugar and gelatin to thicken it. Yummy pie filling was my finished product, I didnt have time that day to make the pie so I put them in the fridge and on another day I made my pie crust, which was surprisingly easy. It turned our great and I had some dough left over so Logan played with it like playdough. That gave me another idea for another day Ha Ha. I put my pie together and baked it and it turned out great!!! The next day I made the kids homemade playdough and Logan had a blast with it. I never knew how much I would enjoy cooking!!! Really, I used to hate it but I really enjoy making wonderful things for my family to eat.

1 comment:

Empty Nester said...

awesome! I actually made a grocery list and am going shopping today. I planned a few homemade goodies. I have more time now that I am out of school and may actually cook too!