Monday, June 9, 2008

Attacks

We have been bombarded by satan today. His attacks have not gone unnoticed. Well, to start off, my thyroid is off or something else is wrong. My hair is falling out, my fingers are tingling, I have insomnia, and I am extremely tired. Those are all signs of having a malfunctioning thyroid and I am already on medication so it must be off. I have to find a doctor to go see and hopefully not have to wait 5 months because all medical treatment is socialized so they kinda want to see the people who are dying first. So Jon is worried about me and I am a little bit but not too much.

Today we are on our way to Graz, Austria to visit friends and try to get our car fixed (battery kept dying, we had to push start it like 6 times in the last couple of days). We are heading out of town and Jon rear ends a guy. To Jon's defense it was clear and they guy looked like he was going to go. I know that an Angel was in between our cars because there was not a even a scratch on either vehicle. The guy said no harm done and didnt even call the police which is almost unheard of around here. God's protection and your prayers in action. Well, we have been going back and forth to Graz for the past 4 and a half months and never has there been anyone at the border. Today, of course you guessed it, there were Austrian police checking papers. We had our passports and then they had them but we did not have the car registration and it is in another missionaries name, long story, we can not get it in our name until we have visas! Oh, yes I know you are saying visas!!!! At this time I am sooooo nervous that they are going to hall us off to some imigrations office and deport us. We have been here for longer than the three months you are supose to be for tourism. They asked so many questions and finally they let us go. Yep, you got it God's protection and your prayers in action yet again. So you see, satan has tried to get us thrown out of the country twice in one day. It just makes me even more determend to stay and fight. Please realize how important you all are in this picture, PRAYER. Without you praying for us we may not be able to fight. Please continue to hold us up in prayer. The attacks today were merciless, I am so glad that I serve a God of mercy who has chosen to protect us in all of this. So much could have happened that did not. Thank you so much and Thank you my wonderful Saviour who watches over me and my family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise God!
I love to hear stories of His Love, Mercy, and Protection.
I Peter 5:7
"Cast all your cares upon Him for He careth for you."

Sandi said...

Amanda I have placed you on our Prayer list at Northside Baptist. I enjoy reading our missionaires blogs. We are looking forward to having your Dad preach for us later this month. hope you are feeling better soon.