Thursday, September 25, 2008

My first one on one Bible study!



This is a picture of Robert and Mateja. Mateja has become a very good friend. She is very sweet and I have come to enjoy her company very much. She is not a believer in the true Gospel but she does believe in the God of the Bible, she is Catholic. I am using her belief in the Bible to witness to her. I gave her a Bible and she began to read it on her own. She brings her daughter to Tae Quan Do on Wednesdays and the boys are now attending it also. I mentioned to her on Monday that she should bring her Bible and I would bring mine and we would compare the English and the Slovene. To my surprise when I showed up to Tae Quan Do she asked me if I had my Bible. We opened them up and had a Bible study right there at the table. People were looking and wondering what we were doing and we were intently studying the Word of God. She ate it up and is very interested. I am so very excited that God is using me!!!! I have never felt this way about ministry. I am more of a firm believer in getting among the lost than ever before. How can we sin them if we do not know them. God has broken my heart for her and I am crying out to Him for the salvation of her soul. Please pray with me and for me that she will see the truth and I will be affective in giving it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Seeing your excitement the past few days is such a blessing to me and I am so thankful that you are my wife and my partner. My prayer is that God continues to use you to minister here. I love you, and am proud to be your husband.

Empty Nester said...

We are in our mission conference right now, and I am always challenged, because I want to go! However...if I never get to be a "missionary," sharing in your life, your prayer needs, and knowing God is at work through you there, is such a joy! Thanks so much for sharing your life and experiences with us!

Lord, thank you for opening up doors for Amanda to minister to the Slovene people. Take the seed that is being planted in Majeta's heart, and open her eyes to the truth of your Word. Reveal in her her need of a Savior. Give Amanda wisdom and direction as she ministers to her, her family, and the others you bring into her life! Let he be a true light of your marvelous grace!

Connie said...

amanda,

I'm so proud of how God is using you. There is nothing like building a relationship to reach people with the gospel. Soon you will reach her for Christ

dad