Monday, May 12, 2008

Missing my mom

I am missing my mother today, more than on Mother's Day even. I do not know why or what triggered it, well I guess I do. I received a card and a book and bookmark from my mother for Mother's Day. I really just want to hug her right now. I miss her sense of humor. Her advice and the calm way she always knows how to make me feel better. I know I am rambling but it has always helped me to write when I feel down. It gets it all out and even sometimes helps me to cry it out. I know I will be fine and I love it here, I just miss my mama. If I could have her here this would be the most perfect place on earth. I wish I would have not been so stuburn and in a hurry to grow up. I wish that I would have taken the opportunity while I had it to enjoy having a friendship with my mother. Somehow when you are a teenager things are just so unclear and fuzzy. Now that I am grown and have kids of my own things seem so much clearer. I guess that is why the say hindsight is twenty twenty. You can always see the past so much more clearly from the future.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Amanda, thanks for the sweet words. I am so glad we can have a close friendship even though we are apart. I am thankful that the Lord allowed me to be a missionary so that I can understand your life now. I do miss seeing your smiling face every day. You have always been a joy to be around. You have your Dad's personality. You always lift up. I love you so much. Mom (hug, hug, hug)

Empty Nester said...

Not all of us have mothers we can praise...not all of us have mothers who are saved and serving the Lord. You truly are blessed Amanda, and I am glad you realize what God has given you! Love you much friend...keep up the good work!