Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bikes






Well, we finally broke down, and now we are broke Ha Ha, and bought the boys bikes. They love them I can barely get them off of them. We got one of those seats for Jordan to sit in on Jon's bike, my bike was not big enough for it.

A very Slovene and really European thing to do is go bike riding. So Sunday we went on a big adventure. We went for a bike ride through the back acres of our property on dirt roads. This led us to a lake that we have walked to before, like a two mile walk. Then we went further on the real road. It winded through a little village. We went up three inclines, my legs remember those! Then we come to a very busy part of the city of Maribor. Jon kept saying that it was not much further to get home from this way. Well, Jon was wrong, he has since apologized so all if forgiven but at the time I was not too happy. Anyway when all is said and done everyone is very tired and very sore but all of us loved it and will be bike riding together more often.

With bikes and boys comes bruises and bumps. Hayden, being the middle/mischievous child that he is, tried to ram Logan's back tire with his bike. Too bad for him that it backfired and he went flying face forward into the blacktop. He has lost one of his front teeth and the other was loose, I say that because he came running in with blood flowing from his mouth. Yep you guessed it, it knocked the tooth so loose that it was dangling. I reached in with a paper towel under the preface that I was just going to clean it off and grabbed it right out. Hayden was not too happy about me misleading him but he was happy that he got to leave his tooth under the pillow. He is soooo cute. I had to take some pictures so I could show everyone.

No comments: