Thursday, July 31, 2008

sick kid!!!!






Hello everyone, This post finds me very drained, I hope that it finds you doing well. Hayden our 5 year old has been very ill. Sunday night on the way home from church Hayden said he was really cold and that his head was really hot, "mommy I think I have fever". My response was honey I dont think so. He had been fine just minutes earlier. We got home and I went to feel his head just to appease him and he was on fire. I checked his temp and it was 104! YIKES I had no idea why because he had no other symptoms. I gave him some medicine and sent him to bed. Alot of waking up and a restless night continued. The next day he continued to have a high fever of 104. He now said that his throat was starting to hurt. So I look and he has white stuff on his tonsils. So I think he has strep. However he started to get ulcers all over his mouth so I started to researech online. I came across hands, foot and mouth disease, a virus that starts out with a fever and then you get blisters all in your mouth and then on your hands, feet and sometime even your rearend. So I looked him over and he had a blister on his hand and on his rearend. It has followed the virus to a T. He has had fever of 104 for three days. Today it has started to go down. His throat is horrible and his mouth looks diseased. He is in so much pain it is hard for him to eat. He has been such a trouper though. I am taking him to the doctor tomorrow in hopes that there is something that they can give him for the pain. It is very contagious so I will probably be in the house in quarintine for a few more weeks!!!! I am praying that the other two do not get it and even worse me!!!! I will keep you informed. Also Logan got 26 mosquito bites yesterday and he is allergic so they looked like he had the plague. Even though Hayden is sick and we are stuck in the house the kids are crazy and have a good time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe man...I guess when it rains, it pours!!
I'll keep you in extra special prayer!! :)

Empty Nester said...

Wow...sorry to hear that. We did chicken pox here when the kids were little. It made its rounds which totalled in six weeks of quarantine! I can relate to your plight. Special hugs and prayers for you today!

Anonymous said...

When it comes to kit making - the only advice I have is to continually search for free commercial use items! Even now, I'm learning to make my own things but I still love to find cu items. Check Digifree daily. Also, make sure you view everything you make at 100% to make sure it's good quality and also make sure it's 300pixels per inch. Hope this helps :)