Monday, October 20, 2008

Long time to post





Well, hmm again it has been too long between posts. I do have a new blog though were I post my digital scrap artwork with freebies and links to a store that I sell kits in. You should go check out my new blog here.

In other news we went to a friends farm to help him harvest apples a few weeks back. When I say harvest I mean we, the whole family, was there from 9 am to 5 pm. We were on our knees picking up apples that had been shaken out of the trees. We harvested a total of1 and a half tons of apples!!! Our farmer friend presses them and makes fresh juice that he sells. He was able to press 800 liters from the apples we picked. Another family, the Bells was also there. We had a good time but our legs and back were sore for days :)

I was also able to go to an Opera premiere of Madam Butterfly. It was my first time ever attending an Opera. Yes, it was in Italian and the word's were put on screen in Slovene but it was still wonderful. My good friend Mateja's husband Robert works at the theater with the choirs and her son Zak was actually in the Opera as Madame Butterflies son. He is only 8 and he did a great job. I really did feel out of place though with tv cameras and high society people like doctors and people such as that all around. It was a unique experience that is for sure.

We had two friends over for dinner on Thursday of last week, both of who are lost. Jon got to witness to Edwin again and he is without excuse before God and now we just must wait on the Holy Spirit and Edwin's heart to be softened. I got to have an hour conversation about spiritual things and the Bible with Nina. She has been burned by the Catholic church and is skeptical of anything religious. She is really a post modernist because her view of things is that if I believe that a rock is my "god" then who am I to say that it is not. She said that whatever it is that helps you to be a better person is okay. I am praying that God would melt away the hard shell over her heart. I gave her some literature and one of my english Bibles. I think that she was touched that I would give her something she knows I value so much.

Last night, Sunday, we had our friends the Bells over to watch the cowboys game live. It was our evening and Randy Bell has bought the season. We had chili, cornbread and carrot cake. We had a great time with them although we were sick at how they played. During the game right after half time I was just sitting there watching the game and all of the sudden. I started to choke on what I guess was my own spit! I did this once last week as well but was able to get it out last week. Last night however I did not ever get it out because I had a horrible nights sleep and I woke up with my chest really tight and feeling horrible. I am not sure what is going on. I do feel that satan is attacking us and using my health. Jon is worried about me so he is doing the only thing he knows how, fasting and praying. I feel so humbled that my husband is taking me before the Lord in such a way.

On another note, the boys are going to start going to school two days a week for a couple of hours. You have to know somebody to get around all the red tape and my friend Mateja wanted to get the boys in school so they could be around Slovene kids. Pray that it will be a good experience for them and they will learn the language.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all...completely didn't realize that you had a blog. Or if I did I forgot. Sorry. I have added you to my link page and your new blog as well. Very cool blogs by the way. Hope you get to feeling better, I am praying for you.

BECKY L

Connie said...

Great pictures. Looks like everyone is having fun. I wish I could be there. see you soon

dad

Unknown said...

Maybe you should post something new...Huh. Luv you, bubye